The festival is open to amateur musicians in the following disciplines: piano, voice, strings, guitar, woodwinds and composition. The syllabi bellow contain all the information regarding rules and regulations, different classes, fees and time limits. Please read the syllabus thoroughly before entering.
Registration is open from June 1st to September 1st!
|Piano||November 6 - 24, 2017|
|Strings||November 13 - 16, 2017|
|Woodwinds||November 20-21, 2017|
|Voice||November 17-18, 2017|
|Composition||November 14, 2017|
|Guitar||November 23, 2017|
|Gala Concert||November 25, 2017|
Richmond Music Festival runs from Monday to Saturday from morning to evening during the festival dates. Participants are scheduled according to the classes they have registered for. The exact schedule will be available approximately three weeks before festival begins. Each class will take the form of a recital. Once all the participants have performed the adjudicator will give oral and written feedback to the performers. All participants will receive a certificate of participation as well as a mark for their performance. Placement stickers will indicate 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each class. In the case of large classes, there may be more than one section and there will be placements in each section but only one overall winner of that class.
- Participants are responsible for their own accompanists.
- No photography or video recording is allowed during the Festival.
Online registration is open from June 1st to September 1st, 2016.
Late registration is open until September 6th and is subject to $20 late registration fee.
Please refer to your instrument’s syllabus for class and grade level choices.
Collect the following information before you register:
- Teacher’s name, phone number, e-mail address
- Complete Repertoire information including class number, composer, title, key, opus, movements if applicable.
- ACCURATE timing of your selections rounded up to the nearest minute. DO NOT list the “time limit” indicated in the Syllabus.
- Piano divisions are arranged by grade level:
- Junior – grades Prep – 6
- Intermediate – grades 7 – 9
- Senior – grades 10 – ARCT
- Classes by age are available in all divisions.
- The registration fee of $6 applies to all registrations.
- Every participant will receive a free copy of the festival’s program ($6 value). Programs will be available for pick-up approximately 2-3 weeks before the start of the festival.
- To facilitate registration and avoid correction fees, please print out the registration worksheet bellow and ask your teacher to complete it.
- Name corrections needed due to registrants’ error will be subject to a Correction Fee of $15.00.
- Change of Repertoire is allowed only until October 1st, 2016 and is subject to $30 correction fee. The Repertoire change can be rejected if the length of the piece is significantly longer than the original selection. NOTE: no class change is allowed.
- The 2016 Gala Concert will take place on December 3rd 2016 at 7:00 pm.
- Location: Richmond Chinese Baptist Church, 10311 Albion Rd.
- Participants of the Gala Concert are chosen upon the recommendation of adjudicators.
- All the Festival awards are presented at the Gala Concert.
- Additional major Gala Concert prizes are awarded by the panel of judges during the Gala.
- Gala concert tickets are available at the door.
- Richmond Chinese Baptist Church
10311 Albion Rd, Richmond BC V7A 3E5
- South Arm United Church
11051 No 3 Rd Richmond, BC V7A 1X3